OT: How does anyone fall for these?

Reckon this is the worse one I've had so far - do people really fall for them?

Right, must go now - off to town to get a copy of my passport to send off!

Matt

----------

ATTENTION

I have been waiting for you since to come down here and pick your Bank Draft but did not heard from you since that time then I went and deposited the Draft with INTERNATIONAL BANK OF BENIN here in Cotonou, Benin Republic, because I travelled to Japan to see my boss and will not come back till next month end. I have arranged with them to make your payment to you with their new ATM MASTER CARD which you can use to withdraw your money in any ATM MACHINE around the globe/world.

You have to contact the International Bank of Benin with your full contact informations such as follows:

  1. FULL NAME
  2. ADDRESS WERE YOU WANT THEM TO SEND THE ATM CARD
  3. PHONE AND FAX NUMBER
  4. YOUR AGE AND CURRENT OCCUPATION
  5. ATTACH COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION

However, Kindly contact the below person who is in position to release your ATM Master CARD.

REV. DR. DUNGA OTUMBA DOUGLAS, DIRECTOR, ATM PAYMENT DEPARTMENT INTERNATIONAL BANK OF BENIN EMAIL: (infor_atm snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.fr)

I had paid for all the processing and delivery charges, the only money that your are going to pay to them is only $86 Dollars which they will use to open your ATM Account with the Bank and send the ATM Master CARD to your address.

Try to contact them as soon as possible to quicken the process of your Card before your Draft gets Expired.

Let me know as soon as you receive your ATM Master Card.

Thanks.

Mr.tony okou

Reply to
Matt M

Trust me Matt they do in droves I have a contact at 419eater and even when folk are warned they are being scammed and told the methodology and given back their own details as proof that their security is compromised, they still continue and get burned. Then they cry to the advisor and want their money back sadly that is beyond the perview of the good guys at eaters and their support network. of course the fraudsters don't get it all their own way...................................

?v=aSz5DsmxQAI&feature=user Derek

Reply to
Derek

"Matt M" wrote

I used to work in a Bank. The Nigerians used to do it by Mail originally, normally from a Government Dept where they rent out rooms, and enough people got conned for it to continue. I've spoken to intelligent business people who have not believed me when I've told them the letter that was going to change their life was a Nigerian Fraud and they would not get their 10% of £10 million pounds. These otherwise canny people have even excused the fraudsters when the inevitable request for an up-front payment, that I warned them of, had arrived. Some just see the £ signs.

Reply to
Bob Hobden