OT - LPG conversion difficulties

I'm trying to convert a 16v saab turbo engine over to LPG.

LPG kit was previously working on a non turbo 8v carbed saab and i have just changed the mixer.

I'm going single point on the 16v for ease and because im told it will work. I have connected the back of the vaporiser to the intake rather than atmosphere - so it should fuel properly.

I'm having trouble with something and i wondered if anybody could help.

The car will now start and idle - and i can change the mix on the idle screw of the vaporiser. However as soon as i move the throttle it leans right out and dies - like the diaphram in the vaporiser isnt working.

So im concluding that - it doesnt like the mixer i have used or i have broken my vaporiser. the main LPG feed is now on a very short (9inches or so) pipe with the flow adjuster in the middle.

any ideas? I have the flow adjuster set in about the middle of its movement (but miving it makes no difference). No auxiliary idle devices on the car now - have just moved the throttle plate stop slightly to make it idle as it is a tiny bit open (will attach a choke cable later).. I have tried it without the turbo plumbed in and just a straight pipe to the airbox and it behaves exactly the same.

vaporiser doesnt seem to be freezing as i can run the car at idle till it reads half way up the temp gauge and the vaporiser is almost too hot to keep your hand on it (as are the coolant pipes to it).

Reply to
Tom Woods

Should fuel right when there is boost in the manifold, but not whilst the manifold is under vacuum except on the idle circuit.

Reply to
EMB

Thats what i would have thought but apparently it works.

Though since my car wont do owt but idle with that pipe to atmosphere (as normal) or to the manifold it isnt that that is the problem.

Reply to
Tom Woods

In message , Tom Woods writes

Ask on uk.rec.cars.fuel.lpg

Reply to
hugh

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Give up - go the pub!

YHM - bugger all to do with LPG mind :-)

Reply to
Lee_D