OT - Winter Contingencies

On or around Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:10:45 -0000, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

Mind, that whassisname from the car channel came over OK at Eastnor. Jason summat - at least he seemed OK from the breif amount I saw.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Reply to
Nige

LOL!! brief amount, he's huge (mind you, so am i!)

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob)

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

Austin Shackles muttered summat about:

Have to agree with you. If you had to guess you would have though he would be a pillock.

Reply to
Graham G

Nige muttered summat about:

Now he really is someone you would expect to be a knob. Funny how folk can come across differently on TV. Emma tells me that Jeremy Clarkson is a nice bloke, unless you start on about him being JC, if you see what I mean. Apparently he gets sick of celeb spotters who have nothing of value to say. She has just chipped in to say Caroline quentin, phillipa forrester, john nettles, richard ashcroft are all very nice (custeomer of hers).

Reply to
Graham G

Yeah, and they had a fair chunk of the show dedicated to the 101, for a change.

Mother

Customers are always nicer when they pay their bills :-)

Celebs often start (in our experience) either by not mentioning who they are and being meek and nice, or, occasionally start with "I am such and such" rather, I expect, seeking a discount or freebie. The former we like lots, the latter... Well, maybe one day I'll put the telephone calls on 't web... ;-)

The worst are 'career politicians' - not those who, like Tony Benn see themselves as the mere representatives of 'us', but the wankers who firmly believe they are above everyone else. Had a very (very) nasty run in with "a man with a dog" a couple of years ago... :-(

Would love have Caroline Quentin as a customer, though... :-)

Reply to
Mother

Not Buster's man surely???

Reply to
jermec

On or around Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:30:55 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

go for it...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Mother writes

Or this variant, from New Orleans (allegedly)

Jonathan Spencer

...and jermec spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Well, it's Buster's owner or it's Blind Pew. With the Sheffield connection, my money's on Pew.

Oh, he's in trouble again. Ho ho.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Couldn't happen to a nicer f****it.

Reply to
Mother

The Golf cart is a nice touch...

Wonder what they were drunk on. Pimms?

Reply to
Mother

Of course, I'd forgotten Mr. Brightside. I didn't think it could be Buster's man, I always thought of him as eminently reasonable. Whereas t'other fella, well. Despite his disability he has managed to find his own arse and crawl right up it. It's sad. I used to live in Sheffield and (back in the 80s when he was just a councillor), he was very well thought of round our way.

Reply to
jermec

That's before he turned to the dark side of the farce and got into bed with (amongst others) big businesses... Still, at least one can now say that he's done the honorable thing for twice in his life...

Reply to
Mother

Well, he jumped when he felt the hand in the middle of his back...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs