OTish - MIG Gas

Oh yes they do :-p Divers use Argon for suit inflation, because of the differing gas density compared to air, it keeps you warm longer. (heat doesn't pass through argon as easily)

-- Andy

Reply to
Fuzzy

Hello Nigel, Fancy seeing you in here. :o)

I thought you had a bad starting Audi not a Landrover. :o)

-- Andy

Reply to
Fuzzy

Never had an Audi... I had a Passat that I destroyed by putting too many J cylinders in it.... I've had the P38 for two and a bit years now. It just about carries the dive gear but I might need to upgrade to a 3.5ton flatbed if I grow any more gear.

The current project is a new Air Suspension computer. The current one sucks but embeded computers are business here so once I have figured the light driver system things will work again and it will report errors rather than throwing a BSOD and giving up.

nigelH

Nigel Hewitt

On or around Tue, 11 Jul 2006 23:44:52 +0100, "Fuzzy" enlightened us thusly:

Heat won't pass from a cooler to a hotter... you can try it if you like but you'd far better notter.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

'Cos heat is work and work is heat, and that's a physical law.

Lizzy

Reply to
LizzyTaylor

So an argon suit reduces work?

Sold!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ah, someone is not a Flanders & Swann fan :)

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

Do they do argon inflated swivel chairs?

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Do they do compressed argon *powered* swivel chairs... I can think of a few people at work I'd fit that kit to. Top floor, aim at window, knock valve off.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

No, but I've found the song you're on about;

Ian Rawlings

Passat, Audi, It's all VW to me. All I remember was jump starting the thing in Stoney car park for you. :o) LOL at the air suspension woes.

-- Andy

Reply to
Fuzzy

Oh yes! I can feel a new sport coming into being...

Reply to
Mother

Start about 4+1/2 minutes in.

Reply to
William Tasso

NIGE! Bring some CO2 fire jobbies to the unofficial would you?

I can feel a challenge coming on... ;-)

(If I can wait that long. We replace our CO2s each year - cheaper than having them rechecked/filled. Can sort of see something interesting for the neighbours outside Poggle Wood tomorrow lunchtime!)

Reply to
Mother

What a hoot! Next time I work for a company that decides to fold almost immediately I think I know how I'll while away my last weeks.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

EMB

One of those "written only for windows" things I'm afraid, but I get the gist!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

It's only a pic, not a vid, and shows perfectly here on Firefox under Debian and FC4.

"Auckland police could hardly believe their eyes when they pulled over a vehicle to check its rego.

It wasn't a car, a van, or even a bike. It was simply engineering apprentice Clinton Cossey taking his motorised couch for a spin.

"I was actually just down here relaxing on my couch, as you do at the beach, and then I sort of thought there was a helicopter hovering over me. I was like it can't be for me I better move on...as I drove home it was following me all the way...then a police car pulled out and three of them jumped out."

Just makes me reckon I should forward my plans for the great move down under (EMB, convince me at Christmas would you - actually, convince Charlotte).

Reply to
Mother

No, there was an associated video too, that wouldn't run, although the mplayer plugin had a good crack at it.

I've seen a few similar stories on couches and armchairs in this country, no need to go down under for motorised furniture ;-)

I saw a wooden boat on the A34 near Newbury once too, moving under its own power. Looked like it had the innards of a Robin Reliant in it somewhere.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:37:14 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

mind there's a video article as well, showing the couch in motion. Crashed mozilla mind, but only after playing the vid.

Reply to
Austin Shackles