Welding gas (Argon/Co2) suppliers

I currently rent a cylinder of "argonshield universal" from BOC for MIG welding. This is an Argon/Co2 mix. I seem to get through a cylinder about once a year, so every year have to pay for a re-fill, a handling fee and a years's rent.

Over a year the total cost is in the region of £80-£100 from memory.

Obviously I'm having to pay rental regardless if I actually use the gas or not, so the cost "per cylinder" is quite high.

In the past I've bought Nitrogen and Oxygen cylinders from different suppliers outright, with no rent to pay, just a re-fill charge when required. I've tried these suppliers but they don't stock Argon/Co2.

Does anyone know of a supplier (online?) where I can buy an Argon/Co2 cylinder outright to get away from the rental costs I have with BOC?

I'm in Luton, Beds, if anyone knows of a local company.

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

the only others are "air products". otherwise go to a smaller cylinder and pay on a five yearly to reduce costs.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Theres also a company do bottles called Linde , German based I believe. They are in my opinion totally incompetent and kept invoicing me for diving gasses ( I run a garage and had Argosheild off them ) after I had cancelled my account . It took me about 20 minutes of calling customer services to get each one of these false invoices sorted out , but they wouldnt close my account " in case I wanted to come back to them " ( fat chance ). They eventually relented when I said I wouldnt sort out their dropped bollocks in future, but would wait for the county court summons and myself and a few friends could have a day out at their expense.......It went quiet after that. BOC are actually quite good , but not too cheap.

Al

Reply to
Al Gorithm

======================= It looks as if BOC have sold out to the enemy - I assume that it's the same 'Linde' .

I always found BOC quite friendly but extremely slow to deal with and their record keeping was abysmal. Maybe it's improved recently.

Cic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 568 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero

in Brum, BOC

seem to be based in the Manchester area. Their customer service people seem to

A:answer the phone B: sort out my queries

I've also had an account with air products in the past, they didnt seem very good in the area I live in.

Al

Reply to
Al Gorithm