P38 LPG Solenoid

I am in the process of converting my P38 to LPG and have a question regarding the tank solenoid. I have seen / read about some systems where the solenoid is simply energised when the ignition is switched on. Would it not be better / safer to supply it from the fuel pump circuit so that it is only open when cranking or engine running? (Obviously it will also be open for a few seconds at ignition switch on, as the pump runs to prime the petrol fuel rail).

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris

You want to energise the solenoid from the feed from the LPG controller switch! it will cut it off if the engine stops. Mine has a coil/rev feed and if the engine is not running it knows.

Reply to
Tom Woods