Paint

Please can anyone recommend a mail order source for LandRover standard colours (limestone white in my case). Cellulose preferred but can also mess about with two pack if I have to.

Paddocks told me they cannot supply LR colours because they are copyright. Seems odd to me, but there it is.

Thanks

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Williams

But their Limestone is a pretty dammed close resemblence to the Landrover one... see here..

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Halfords do them all. Some are listed under Land Rover but most are listed under BLMC for some reason.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Find a good local motorfactors (i.e. proper one, not a toy shop), and they will make any colour you like, cellulose, two-pack, aerosol.

Seems a bit odd that any automotive paint shop has the codes available to mix any colour for any car, an interesting method of protecting "copyright"!!! Thats the best excuse yet!

Officialy we shouldn't sent aerosols or paint through the post........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

There is Bill the "The Paint Man" who was at Eastnor who seemed to have the lot.

- his phone number is on there.

Very helpful bloke, willing to offer his experience for free.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Land Rover Limestone is a standard colour in Tekaloid although it's not a British Standard colour, any paint factor will be able to mix the colour for you in cellulose 2-pack or synthetic.

Copyright on a colour is bolox, the paint formulae is readily available and has been for nearly fifty years.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Maybe he should start contributing to a.f.l ;)

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Steve, You dispense invaluable advice, I am using your notes to guide my painting job for my Ambi, but do you sell paint ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

And there are probably forty shades of limestone depending on the batch.

Reply to
Larry

Thank you ;) Unfortunately I do not sell paint I have to purchase it in the same way as everyone else does.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Never a truer word said in jest ;)

There was a local motor factor near me who adopted a colormix system to mix Tekaloid but it was never accurate when compared to the Tekaloid mixing formulae as Limestone always came out with a red or pink tinge.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

So try "The PaintMan" ;-)