Paint Quantites for 110

My 110 is showing signs of wear, so I'm planning a respray when I get back off holiday. Can someone give me an idea od how much paint I'm likely to need. Most of the 110 is OK, so i'm plannng to flat off the bubbles to bare metal and etch prime those bits, then flat off the whole car and respray the same colour, or a darker green, using the old paint as a base coat. Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

I've so far resprayed a complete car and most of a 101.

The car took a touch under 5l of cellulose top coat. I did a proper job which included the insides of the doors and boot lid and stuff too.

The 101 has so far used 4l of top coat and i expect to use another

2l.. possibly a touch more. Im working at about 5 top coats sprayed with my gravity fed gun (which sprays an incredible amount of paint!). mixing to 50/50ish for most coats, thinner for the top one. You will need a lot less primer than top coat, but buy lots of thinners (you will want to thin both the primer and top coat to 50/50 and have some for cleaning stuff)

For etch primer, Lee reckoned that it would take 2.5L to cover a complete 101. I'd concur. unfortunately i could only buy it in 2L quantities so i now have a complete 2L left for just the back door!

For the 110. If you plan on painting the sides all the way up, I'd say between 4 and 5 litres of top coat. When buying it here 4L in individual tins costs the same as 5litres in a big tin... Etch primer - buy the smallest quantity you can if you only have spots to do. (so atleast 1L i'd imagine)

hope that helps a bit!

Reply to
Tom Woods