Paint Stripper

Got any spare barn space you want to rent out to someone wanting to store some classic cars? :) (I have to ask since i'm desparately trying to find some since my collection is getting evicted from my parents garden!)

I was aiming to have mine done sometime last year! ;)

Its worse when you have it in the drive of a house - random passers by come and have a go at you in addition to the friends and family!

I had some kids convinced the other day that i was joining the army and they had given me my own truck to paint first! (they cant have been very quick since it was fairly obvious i was removing the paint!)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Oops, correction. I meant 7 cans. Gallon cans...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

you really know how to cheer someone up :o(

Where's that noose....

Reply to
Graham G

I'm on target to use 7 or more gallon cans too..

and a pair of marigolds will stop you burning your hands. I stole a fetching purple pair out of the kitchen! (normal mechanics latex gloves will not stop nitromors)

I wear a long sleeved top and my glasses while i'm nitromosing too. Makes it much less painfull!

Reply to
Tom Woods

I'd email you but you dont have a valid address.

If you could fire off a quick mail to tomtomwoods[dot]co(dot)uk I'll answer it and ask you some proper questions! :)

Also - heres something to work towards! - I think this was about 3 or

4 days of work:
I've done a bit more since. I'll dig out a picture of the stack of empty nitromors cans before i took em too the tip too..

I'm working towards the pictures lee_d has of morph fully stripped and pre-paint up on his site! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Reply to
Mother

Yeah, my "othahalf" suffered the same fault. To fix the problem it was suggested I buy a 2 seater soft-top. So I (naturally) got a GS.

Sour Grapes, it seems, make for the finest whine...

Reply to
Mother

Just before I put the full face mask on - neighbours were calling estate agents first thing the following morning...

Mother

Or an angle grinder, or welding, or whilst replacing fibreglass insulation, or, well, any time you're working on an effing 101...

Sore - VERY sore...

Reply to
Mother

but I always weld in sandals - just avoid nylon socks.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Trouser legs _outside_ the wellies.

Reply to
David G. Bell

On or around Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:16:15 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

yeah, twas here. brackets are not nice in URLs...

not as bad as the smartgroups photo hosting bit which insists on replacing underscores with spaces. I've told them about it several times, but it still does it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I must have been half asleep when i posted it - agent didnt parse it properly here either!. Nor will a lot of web based bulletin board software (from experience). I keep using that ms powertoy thingy to resize photos as its so easy, and it puts the brackets in there for you. Then i forget to take em out!

Reply to
Tom Woods

The sandal's really complete the effect! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I found that the "marigolds" from the kitchen here didn't stop nitromors when doing a timber door. Better than nothing but after half an hour or so I could feel the stuff starting to burn me. If I was to do any more I try the "rubber" dipped cotton gloves I have now. They are supposed to be chemical resistant.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice