painting the chassi

Probably 3 or 4 tins for the chassis.

I have just done the inside of both front wheel arches, the inside of the engine bay, and the tunnely bits inbetween (through which driveshafts and suspension arms) on my saab, and its used ~3/4 of a tin (a half litre one i think) It all had 2 coats.

I think i might stick to hammerite and underseal for the rest of it! - will be cheaper!

If you do use POR-15 then make sure you wear gloves and a long sleeved top, and dont shake it before using it (get loads of little bubbles in)

Reply to
Tom Woods

The advantage is that you would pay VAT in Germany, rather than the hassle of paying VAT and duty when it arrives. There's some difference in rates. Nothing to stop anyone delivering a dog and picking up the stuff as a return load.

Reply to
David G. Bell

D-B are typically 70 to 80 quid, but there's a cheap imitation here (only 2 tonne capacity, not 3.5) for thirty:

QrizB

Business, or a practical joke? Have they found it yet?

Reply to
David French

"David French" wrote in news:40e3d360$0$4581$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk:

Business. I breed expensive working gundogs. This one was going half way around the world and I don't think it's there yet.

If it isn't 500 miles from here (N of Inverness) to Manchester, it bloody well feels like it! :(

At least I've got the kennel drains working again so now I'm off to research German POR-15 for the alt.fan.landrover buyers group.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around Thu, 01 Jul 2004 06:43:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@dev.null (QrizB) enlightened us thusly:

wonder why they only rate it to 2 tonne? The spec looks well up to spec, so to speak.

The "bought" one on our disco may not be genuine DB either. Mine's made to the same spec, near enough, as that, with the exception that the 2 round cross-pieces are actually bits of flat bar on mine. Do the same job though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles