disco 1 headlights

The reflecters inside the headlights of my 1992 disco are dull and the connections are burning up , so its time about to revamp the whole front end ! will a 300 model set of front lights and grill bolts straight on ? or are thier some better conversions out thier? eg a complete front grill with intergral lamps similar to the old classic range conversion?

Reply to
Chris Gear

I've been thinking about this myself. From what i can see you must replace the front wings (or chop your ol ones?) to take the indicators, new grill, new lights and roumour has i a small wiring mod, but i'm not too sure about that one

-- accywing

----------------------------------------------------------------------- accywingy's Profile:

this thread:

accywingy

On or around Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:43:10 GMT, accywingy enlightened us thusly:

not sure there's that much difference in the wings... I've both sorts outside, so can look tomorrow when it's light.

cheaper to buy new lamp units for the 200 though. I think you'll find they're the same as the sherpa van, though be warned that there are 2 kinds on sherpa vans, depending on which adjusters it has.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:39:08 +0100, "Chris Gear" enlightened us thusly:

I think it's fairly easy to put the 300 front end on. I know someone who did. I doubt it's cheap, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I seem to remember that the main beam wasn't that powerful even when relativly new ( IFIRC) I think I will see what I can find at a few breakers! and the connecters have fried twice already so I dont mind rewiring !apart from the break discs they are the only parts that I haven't renewed !

Reply to
Chris Gear

On or around Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:35:51 +0100, "Chris Gear" enlightened us thusly:

normally, the connectors only get fried if you have oversize bulbs in...

the lights on the 200 aren't as impressive as the 300, though, so there's some mileage in the idea of upgrading the front end. Still haven't looked at the wings/indicators thing.

Reply to
Austin Shackles