Ping beamends!

Series door tops. I see you sell furry channel by the length, which is good.

Do you have or can you get the various bits of aluminium: strip which retains the front edge of the fixed window, and the pieces that go behind the fixed window, under the furry channel, to fill the gap?

If not, I can hunt some from a mate. But it involves lots of farting about, and if new ones are available without spending silly money...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've made them for my 101 doors, if Richard can't help, I'll knock you some up for the Unofficial.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

330202 Top Of Door Glass Spacer - SII/III £2.11 330203 Rear Of Door Glass Spacer - SII/III £2.11 330660 Rubber Seal - Sliding Glass - Door Top - Series II/III £0.94 330661 Retainer - Rubber Seal - Sliding Glass - Door Top - Series II/III £1.25 330198 Aluminium Retainer - Front of Fixed Glass - Door Top - Series II/III £2.00 MTC3180 Filler - Bottom of Fixed Glass - Door Top - Series II/III £3.40 all inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Sat, 24 Sep 2005 07:54:38 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

2 per door, one top and one bottom?

I assume that's the aluminium channel that the seal sits in?

oops. ignore the bit above. The ones I've looked at look the same top and bottom.

Blimey!

I shall sort an order out in a bit. I assume they're all on your website?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That's the one!

er, (checks....), they will be later today!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:55:17 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

I did have a look, found most of 'em.

dunno if it's possible, and you may have already considered and rejected this, but...

all the bits that make up the fittings for (say) series door top would be dead handy if they were grouped in a bunch in the list. Other possibilities like grouping all the wiper bits, say, and all the lights, and suchlike. I don't see you need an actual section, as such, so a lot of the stuff could go in "trim", but be grouped within that list, so that once you find (say) the furry window channel you've found all the door top bits and bobs.

I've not in fact studied whether the lists are in a particular order or not.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I agree 100% - I'm doing it now for all parts, it just takes a hell of a long time. If you have a look at Defender->Engines you can see where I'm going - the pages on the site pretty much match the parts books, and every part is listed (bar some nuts and bolts). I've just finished Defender->Brakes->Handbrake Levers And Cables, and when the other half of the Defender book is done then Series II/III is next....... only about 30,000 parts to go (13,397 so far). I'm going to list everything for all vehicles, but unlike some I'll be saying if something is NLA, and all the part number supercessions will follow through. Pity there's no change of getting permission to use the LR drawings though.

When the new A9Home computer is launched later this month I'll be able to do some at home as well to speed things up......... but by God it's boring!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:34:21 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

Jolly good! I've not looked at defender stuff, I have to admit, don't have one at the moment.

eeep!

I can imagine. Just been printing archery record certificates - the fun bit is done, playing around getting the printing to line up nicely with the pre-printed blank. Now I have to go through the records and print a certificate for everything this year, and the nature of the thing is that I don't fancy bulk-loading the blanks into the printer, so it's a case of modify the page to have the right data, load a sheet, print...

Only made one piece of expensive scrap paper so far...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

.... now that one is sorted, Richard do you have those rather fandano mutts nuts plug leads in for the V8 in stock?

Cheers,

Lee Davies

Reply to
Lee_D

I will have for the weekend - honestly, you don't sell any for weeks then they all come along at once......and the price of beef at Morrisons ....... grumble.......

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Give us a shout when they land, Morph is in need, Carbs are being refurbed so will install them before attempting any tune up.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Magnecor are making a set of leads specially for you! Well, ok, they are out of stock until mid week........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

ok, I've got the Carbs to put on Monday, will no doubt be tinkering with mixture Tuesday and the New Laguna is in for some therapy on Wednesday. Keep on the Case Richard, a 101 rumbling through Wales is depending on you.

Lee D

Reply to
Thingy_wotsit