Ping Lee_D

Re the tailgate - do you mean the rod assembly that runs along the bottom of the tailgate? (Not cheap!)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Nope, I think we may have had this chat before I read this message but the screws like this....

I need 4 of they hold in the latches at either end like this....

so thats one upper ally tailgat at £0.99, and 4 screws at a total of £299.00 inc VAT

:0)

I really must stop taking photographs....

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I'd whistle but the tailgate would out whistle me.

Richard this is now needed PDQ if it's not going to be with you by Monday lunch please let me know as I'll need to make alternative arrangements. I don't like going elsewhere but it'll be a week on Monday since I placed the origional order. I know Tuesday was out due to the afternoon order but this is way beyond the day after next day delivery now :o(

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

It's comming in Monday - sorry about the delay, but thats suppliers for you.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

It's fitted... all but for the rubber strip along the bottom as I've got to get an appropriate drill bit tomorrow. Went on very well. Minimal assembly.

I had one "oh **uk!" moment when the plate which the hinge bolts fasten too slid down the inside of the frame to the bottom.... Fortunately it was still off at that point. I managed to slide it back and align it then bunged one bolt in each side pronto.

I had to adjust the pins the latches fasten too on the goal, post frame. I also discovered that the one catch I hadn't replaced was so corroded and gundged up that it was causing the linkages to stay in the position as though the button was pressed hence the bouncing tailgate syndrome when closing. Both latches and lock assemblies have been well lumbricated and it opens and shuts like new.

I'd definately had to have replaced the tailgate anyway as once I struck the impact drive to release the screws of the catches around a third of the tailgate lower edge deposited it's self on the drive.

As always I've taken a few piccys, though it really was simple. I'll upload them when rain calls off play.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D