Ping Paul S Brown - QT Diff Guards

Paul,

You mentioned that your front QT diff guard was "slip-on". I'm a little concerned to find the instructions for mine talk about welding brackets on to the diff. A little tricky for me as I don't have welding equipment. Am I missing something obvious here?

Mine's a Disco II, if that makes a difference.

Cheers, David

Reply to
David French

Odd. Mine's a Disco 1.

It came in 2 pieces - the whacking great gold bit that is actually the diff protector and a 6" long L shaped bracket drilled with 2 holes at each end.

On mine you just undid some nuts on the flange where the neck of the diff connects to the housing and fit the small bracket onto the studs there.

Can you take a photo of what you have?

The problem is that there *is* a difference between the Disco 1 and Disco 2 diff assemblies, but not having a Disco 2 here to look at I can't say what it is.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown