Pop up garages.

A few years back I saw a garage / car cover which was like a U shaped tent you drive up to then pull up and over the car to form a tent. Any one know where one can be purchased?

This is for a mucker at work.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

There is this guy in Leeds:

Thought about one but I find a tarpaulin just as easy for covering the land rover up, might think aobut a large tent for winter though

Reply to
wayne

] For that sort of money you could buy an Army Surplus Tent and also use it for camping too!

Alex

I agree and for what I had in mind that's what I may well do if I need to work when the weather isn't as nice as it should be but I currently use a tarpaulin to cover the landrover outside the front of the house. I don't really want an ooge big tent in front of the window all the time :)

Makro had big garden gazebo thingie in for under £100, light canvas, not the polyprop stuff.

I think the folding garages work well for something like a motorbike though but a LWB Land Rover might be a bit much. Oh well, will stick to using the tarp for now.

Reply to
wayne

Thanks , I've passed the link on.

Let me get this right... a large tent would look odd but a pink landrover with no doors or windscreen looks....?

;0)

I'm blessed with a rather massive humoungous driveway and Mrs D makes regular rumblings about landscaping the frontage. I've a vision of some rather large boulders and some axle articulation.. Mrs D however thinks that may be a little OTT..... but not as OTT as the alternative Rampover wall :o)

The only down side is that the features would eventually become oil soaked unless I change marque.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Look, you go over and sit in that field with Mr Bailey there, I'll send the boys along presently :) Did I say there will be two pinkies on the drive soon :)

To be honest, the novelty of driving them is wearing off now the nice weather will soon be behind us, I feel the same about working outside the front of the house as well once the warm weather goes, could be old age I suppose :)

Good job there are things like World Of Warcraft and Ebay to keep us busy once the cold nights draw in :)

All the best

Reply to
wayne

If you strew the driveway with large interesting boulders it'd certainly prevent anybody else parking on it....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Yeah know that feeling well.. seems when I open Percys bonnet that it's compulsory to snow or for fingers to stick to the paint due to the cold. Must be the "adventure" side of the marque coming out.... must dig out the ice pick.

Ham radio has got me tempted for the dark nights ahead.. i.e. finding and getting my foundation course passed.

All this digital malarky leaves me increaingly concerned that if ever major power cut hits us the nation will grind to a halt....which it would... but at least I could order my Tesco home delivery by morse , saves all that burying tins of beans and requirement for shotgun possesion ;-). Interestingly I understand I now longer need to actually do Morse for the foundation course though.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Except Gypsies!

Reply to
Adrian Ford

I thought the whole morse requirement was going now ? Though, apparently, old morse senders can beat SMS champions hollow.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Could well be the case, I've yet to manage to corner any one who is in the know...though It would actually be nice to be able to pass the test anyway. Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D