Possible Gasket?

Everyone,

I have a 4 litre V8 in my X reg Range rover.

Im just trying to pin down the problem, as i thought i had it fixed.

Anyways, here goes.

A while ago i thought i had a blown headgasket, causing the engine to run lumpy, and eventually blow gases into the coolant and then it would pressurise the system and overheat.

I have had the gaskets done on both sides and the heads skimmed and pressure tested.

Now it is runnign sweetly until i put a little bit of pressure on the engine, where it does it again. but its instant, you can hear a little bit of boiling, and then bang the temp gauge shoots up into the red.

I can release thew pressure and its fine again.

I hope its not a cracked block. However im also hoping the garage might not have tightened the head up properly.

Any thoughts?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Savage

"Stuart Savage" wrote in news:mO_qf.40859$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-win.ntli.net:

Stretched head bolts no longer taking a torque? They did use new bolts, didn't they??

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Derry,

Yeah they did use new bolts, but im concerned they might not have torqued them down properly.

What is the rule for stretch bolts, take them down to torque, the 90 degs and another 90 degs again?

Thanks for your help

Reply to
Stuart Savage