Probably just me,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,, but I just cant get used to the bonnet shape on my '98 Disco. I've had it a couple of weeks now and I STILL cant judge distance ahead when parking. Find that I stop two or three feet from the bollards in the car park I use. They are about 2.5 feet high and thus out of sight once I'm halfway into my bay. Ok, Ok it's me,,,,,,,,

IanW

Reply to
Ian Wright

Sometimes it's possible to use a car to the side as a mirror..i.e. to look in the reflection how far off the bollard/car in front you are until you get comfortable with the length of the front end.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Bruce had an E-type Jag many years ago and the first time he ever parked it he ran up the back end of the car in front. The bonnet dropped away so he couldn't see it and ended up putting a flag on the front so he knew where it was.

Reply to
Nikki

Ouch.

How about those drop-nosed lorries (Scania?) where they have a light on a pole at each corner. I presume this is for the same thing.

I actually find the Rangie and Disco are nice to park, for the reason that you *can* see to the end of the bonnet. In the Volvo, you just have to guess. I do find reversing the Rangie a bit tricky though because you can't see anything below about 4'.

David French