Fuel Additives in a 300TDi

Does anyone use any fuel additives in a 300TDi to clean injectors / improve power / fuel consumption / anything else, and recommend it?

Reply to
Graeme Willox

I would recommend putting half a litre engine oil into you tank before you fill up with diesel every now and again, does the world of good for FIP diesel engines.

Lobby

"Graeme Willox" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

Reply to
Lobby

I am using the old cooking olive oil (occasionaly sun flower oil) after filtering it through a fine filter for residues. About 10% ratio of oil to diesel.

It is amazing who much quiter the engine sounds at idle and how much better it pulls.

Have not tried it during cold weather though in fear of the oil jellying up.

Take care Pantelis

P.S. I have been using a REDEX additive in the past.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

I used to use Millers Diesel Power Plus in mine. Didn't appear to make it go any better but I fancy it smoked little less.

HTH

Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

On 22/11/2003 22:40 Lobby wrote

What is FIP?

Reply to
Graeme Willox

Hi Graeme, Tip in a ltr. of ATF to a full tank of diesel every other months, keeps everything nice and clean, been doing it for thirty years or so, also a lot cheaper than all these fancy expensive additives. Regards Ben

Reply to
Ben

I have been using CEM's FTC decarbonizer and their CLEANPOWER products for over a year now in my 300tdi disco and find them excellent. Easier starting ,no smoke and better fuel figures.

This is a Queensland base company not sure if they export.This is their web address

Simon Mills

i use MORRIS MORENDO DD diesel fuel additive and injector cleaner . its obtainable from most auto spares shops .

£5.99 for 500ml bottle, add 100ml per tank full of deisel .

if you have MOT test and engine is smokey , put 5 gallons of kerosene/central heating oil in tank , this will thin the fuel mix down [ although i think diesel has been reduced in viscosity over last few years to almost that of kerosene anyway] .

you could run 50/50 mix of heating oil and diesel [same colour!!! ] if your after cheaper fuel cost , but bear in mind that kerosene wont lubricate the injector pump and so you need to run normal diesel or an additive every couple of tanks full , if not run additive all the time .

i am not entirely sure on this but i think the fuel consumption may drop a little if you run an additive in tank , but thats most likely because the fuel is thickened up slightly ...

Reply to
M0bcg

"Graeme Willox" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fbff97e$ snipped-for-privacy@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

common rail (TD5) or pump injectors (VW and Audi and others)

Reply to
Lobby