Problem Disco

My 93 Disco V8i auto (lpg converted) of 136,000 miles, has just stalled as I went to pull away from a roundabout. As I put my foot on the gas,(it was not a heavy foot) there was a "nock" of some kind from the engine bay and was felt throw the gas peddle. To restart it I just put it into park and start it normally.

When I had it converted to gas, they disturbed a corroded fuse wire and replaced it with 30amp wire and 30amp inline fuse. I do have plans to replace this with the right fuse wire. But could this be a cause? They also MOTed it and said that the right side Cat was falling apart and could block the exhaust. Could this also be a cause? It is due an oil change, along with plugs and leads.

Up to now, this trustworthy friend has preformed outstandingly well. With

400 (motorway) mile roundtrips to Wales and mountain climes, its lucky things are showing up around home and not the other side of the country

Any help is most welcome

Reply to
ricepudding

From what very little information you have provided it sounds like a misfire to me. Dodgy plugs/leads could easily cause a problem like this so I'd suggest that you do *all* the deferred maintenance first as that is likely to cure it.

Reply to
EMB

ricepudding came up with the following;:

Doubtful.

Quite possible.

I'd give it a full service, and remove the cats/exhaust to have a looksee if it isn't blocked. I'd also check the airfilter/air intake overall to see that isn't also blocked. Wet leaves can be right bastards this time of year for just this kind of 'strange' problem ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx