Radio in a Series III

..does anybody have a set-up that allows the radio to be listened to in a Series III when driving at "speed"? :o) (Mine goes tinny and distorted at the volume required to be audiable). (Suspect I have daft speaker placement in the doors?).

Mark Gowans

I've just mounted speakers in a MDF shelf, covered it with black vinyl and fixed it to the roof just above/behind the front seats with a set of £40 speakers and it works really well. The Radio is a normal Sony CD player, nothing exotic, no bass bin, amps etc.

1980 SIII 109

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

Aha.. hadn't thought about putting speakers there.. ..I was thinking about going with something small /on/ the dash or else something mounted above the sun visors.. ..dont suppose you have a picture of the installation do you? :o)

Many thanks,

Mark Gowans

I don't have a picture, but I'm sure I can get one.

I'll email one asap.

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

I bought some cheap second hand home hi-fi speakers. mounted them behind the bulkhead facing inwards (on a 109 van body IIa). They worked great for years, eventually the damp got to them though. Also they were handy for partys, just unbungie them and put them on the roof :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon

In article , Jon writes

Spray lacquer or paint on the cones next time...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

I put them above the sun visors, the method of securing is a little tricky, as I didn't want to drill holes in the roof. It's secured using three metal brackets. The boxes themselves I made from MDF. I can post some pictures, but it won't be till the end of the week.

Alex

Reply to
Alex