Ran out of gas

No it was not on a green lane (Tony be cursed) but on an on ramp to the Coventry Ring Road. Can any one think of a hairier environment for that to happen?

Reply to
Larry

The middle of the Sahara springs (uncomfortably) to mind :-)

Either that or the junction of the M1 and M25 - oh, I've just done this one elsewhere :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 01:19:29 +0000, Mother made me spill my meths by writing:

Just being at that junction is bad enough.

Reply to
Wayne Davies

How about just as you are about to enter the parade ring at Billing?

;-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 12:02:45 +0000, Tim Hobbs made me spill my meths by writing:

Ooh, that was below the belt, he's not in the best frame of mind as it is... :)

Reply to
Wayne Davies

OK, let's get them all out of the way now shall we?

  • M1 - M25 junction at rush hour
  • Going into the ring at Billing
  • Actually _in_ the ring at Billing
  • On the bridge coming into Billing from the ORC
  • Just about to enter Heritage Centre on Marque Run

Happy?

I've previously tried to plead insanity and have had a few very serious Basil Fawlty moments - one nearly involving a chainsaw. In all honesty, this is why I don't think I could live without the 4.5 tonne of purple reality check :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Still, not every weekend is as bad as that is it? :-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Have you put your filler hose on yet?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Yes.

On the shelf.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Smart move!

I have Warren booked for some major surgery on Bungle next week - which includes putting the new fuel tank on with the new filler hose.

Also on the list: moving the LPG tank from the loadbed to under the nearside as on Grumble and getting the s*dding thing through the MOT.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother