Range Rover "clunk" cont'd

Guys

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Spent the afternoon under the motor and removed the rear suspension arms one by one! The only thing I can see is the two bolts holding the top of the a frame to the chassis are indeed too short on the shank of the bolt, meaning one end is bearing on the thread. Tightened these up big time, and the clunk is heard less often, but is a lot louder when it happens, so looks as if we are on the right track. Will have a hunt around for different bolts to try in place.

Reply to
Mike Derrick

On or around Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:54:27 +0100, Mike Derrick enlightened us thusly:

you'll probably find that where it's been bearing on the thread it's damaged the thread, preventing it from tightening properly. Had this on the 110. new bolts sorted it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles