ranger rover pulling back ecu codes help

OBD-II codes retrieved today: see below for symptoms:

Symptoms: Range rover 4.0 SE, R reg (120k miles) auto. New leads, oil, plugs and air filter fitted two months ago.

Started today, felt like it was missing on one cylinder, very erratic tickover jumping between 300 and 600 rpm, Also at low speed pulling back, put foot to the floor and every thing ok over 30 mph.

software Digimoto 3.7 and ElmScan interface

*Codes* are used to identify the 4 Oxygen Sensors

A= Bank A of the engine. Cylinder #1 is located on Engine Bank A (1,3,5,7) B= Bank B of the engine. U= Upstream of the Catalytic Converter D= Downstream of the Catalytic Converter

code fault

-------------------------------------------------- P1158 Oxygen Sensor Rich *codes* B D P1179 Maximum Negative AMFR Correction Fault

I removed the plugs from cylinders 2,4,6,8 all sutteed up indication to rich a mixer. I removed the Lambda sensor bit sutteed up ( 4 wire - red, white black and yellow with grey connector) but could see not physical damage.

Is this based on the fault codes a Lambda fault?

any help or suggestions appreciated

Wayne

Reply to
wps

The message from "wps" contains these words:

firstly ISTR that Suttee is the Indian custom of the widow suiciding out by leaping onto the funeral pyre of her late husband, or the other relatives lobbing her on! what is it you are trying to tell us Wayne! or am I thinking of something else entirely :-|

there is some stuff about efi on my site, but I only go up to Lucas

14cux myself. ISTR that GEMS who came after have a site with free software for looking at their systems.

most likely you have a buggered lambda sensor, lambda feedback only works for normal running as soon as you put foot to floor WOT (wide open throttle) the ecu cuts lambda out and chucks petrol down by the bucket load. similarly at idle the cold start stepper motor thingy valve is in operation and this does go wrong. also all sorts of air passages etc clag up, s**te in plenum blocks trumpet bypass holes, if yours has a hall effect distributor did your servicer pull off the old rotor arm and fit a new one, if so then distributor likely fecked, the rotor won't come off and pulling hard disturbs the centrifugal advance, but I expect yours is electronic based on measurements taken from the flywheel, course if the sensor for this is awry the everything goes adrift. just wait till we get electronic inlet and exhaust valves! anyway the ecu has adjusted the fuel map as far as it will go to lean additively ISTR or so said somebody once upon a time.

Reply to
Warwick Barnes

It was the Lambda sensor, I replaced both just in case at a mere £80.00 each !!!, no more error codes and drives better now, just hope the fuel economy goes up to compensate for the sensors.

Thanks

Wayne

Reply to
wps