Re: retro fitting power steering

Is it possible to retro fit power steering to a 110, specifically an ex-mod

> 2.5NA one? > > Would I be correct in assuming I would need to take all the PAS components > from a scrap 110/90 and just bolt them onto the 110 and hey presto, power > steering? I've had a look in the rags and lots of people advertise all the > bits necessary so I suppose it's possible with new components, just more > expensive. > > Has anyone done this? > > TIA. > > -- > simon at sbarr dot demon dot co dot uk > Simon Barr. > 1.7i Lada Niva Cossack.

I did this on a Range Rover without any problem. Two things to watch out for. The articulated shaft joining steering column to steering box was a different length, so make sure the power box has one attached (otherwise another £80 odd.) The engine obviously needs the extra V drive on the pulley to take the belt for the pump. I think I also had a bit of a fiddle making a bracket to attach the pump in the right alignment. The box I fitted had a bleed nipple on top so I got the air out first time.

Regards

Reply to
Rudolph Hucker

In message , Simon Barr writes

Did it on my ex mil 90 but can't remember which I did first - swop the engine for a 200Tdi or add the PS. Check that you have the extra pulley to take the pump belt and check that your alternator mounting bracket has the necessary holes to mount the ps pump. I got my kit 2nd hand from Craddocks. Of course you are taking a gamble on the condition of the pump, but mine was OK.

Reply to
hugh