MGF - Retro fit Power Steering.

Is it possible to retro fit power steering to an MGF?

Has anyone done it?

I went to buy a few bits, dashboard vents, off an insurance write off at the weekend and the steering column had been removed from the car. I was interested to see the power steering motor was attached to the column, not to the steering rack as I expected.

It set me thinking. Could I simply remove my steering column and fit this one giving me instant power steering?

When I bought mine I decided against power steering, I didn't think the car needed it but my wife doesn't like driving it because she finds it a bit heavy.

Any info welcome.

Reply to
Nick Mason