Re: Road salt neutraliser

To the Canadian who had never heard of salt neutraliser:

As it seems to be a North American product, should also be available in Canada??

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Thanks for the link.

However:

"£19.90 SALT TERMINATOR dissolves salt and leaves a protective sheen, guarding against future salt"

I hope I'm not nit picking here, but it sounds like a soap and wax mixture. Let's not forget that salt disolves in plain water.

It sure sounds like Snake Oil :)

Pete

Reply to
Peter

Yebbut you miss the point. The product name is in BLOCK CAPITALS, so it

*must* be good.

Seriously though, I think you've cracked it. I can't think of a flaw in your argument. Hats off to their marketing department. It does indeed sound like soap and water, but more expensive.

David French

"David French" wrote in news:brsoeg$7771i$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-160280.news.uni-berlin.de:

It was actually a Canadian who mentioned this to me a few years ago. I am still trying to find out what the active constituents are. From a search on Google Groups it does seem as if it is widely used but it is not listed (or anything similar) by a fairly large ships' chandlers up here in Scotland. Someone has got to know what it is made from!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

If I may be so bold as to say that I think the guy who told you about this stuff is having you on. I followed the link that you provided and saw nothing there that indicated that the product was anything more than a very expensive soap/wax conbination product. And that's giving the stuff the benefit of the doubt, since it didn't really sound very convincing either.

Reply to
Peter