February 7th *** plug of sorts ***

Been speaking with Jim at Overlander Training, and have taken the plunge and diarised a day (7th Feb 2004) for a session at Cannock Chase.

For those of you that read the comics, the ranger organised activities were reviewed in one of last months mags (cant remember which one). They tend to go off onto the metalled roads, whereas Jim has access to the "Special Events Area".

Anyone thats been along before want to extol the virtues of the day (Chris W, Lee_D, Horness, SimonU)?

Anyone up for it?

Si

Reply to
simonk

Work permitting.... or getting out f it that is I'm interested, I'll give you a definative yah or nay when I find someone to cover my shift.

for those who have never had the pleasure...as ever...heres some pictures I took earlier :-)

Whats the plan ..Full day , initial tuition and picnic followed by a snowball fight :-)

And lastly the painful bit cost? Which I guess will revolve around interest.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

£60 is the damage I'm afraid - Damn those forestry types ;-)

Si

Reply to
simonk

I'd love to but if, as it looks like, they want to use your own vehicle then I'm going to have to say no. Skippy really isn't up to a 300 mile round trip, and without a working cabin heater neither would I be.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Having been on one of these trips twice so far, I/we did baulk at the cost a little at first...BUT it is an excellent day all in all, a full days driving, stops in the Chase for lunch/cuppas and a butty to start it all off at the visitor centre!

You just have to be quick not to get left behind at the end of the day for the debriefing at a friendly hostelry!! lol

Anyway... put my name down for this Si, been a while since we were there last and I would like to have a go again!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Ward