Re The Gods Must be Crazy

As a result of the clips under the post "Merry Christmas" on 24/12 I bought the video of the above film. Not only is it amusing and thought provoking but the Landie features in it throughout the film. I especially liked the bit where it is being driven backwards by a bushman who doesn't understand how the gears work when he gets wiped out by an overhanging branch. I should point out that the roof has been already removed by this time. Good film, cheap from Amazon, and worth every penny despite the poor quality, speeded up action and general amateur feel to the whole thing.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

It's when it winches itself up the tree.......... just thinking about it makes me chuckle! I have the same winch on my 110, an early Ramsey DCY200R, and I don't think for one moment that it wouldn't be capable of performing the same stunt with a strong enough tree! Badger

Reply to
Badger

Much the same comments as I got from an ex pat who remembered it after I mentioned I too had watched the clip.

In 1979 a chap did exactly this on a site near Dorking witha forsdon major and boughton winch. It started pivoting on one side of the anchor and he jumped/fell off. I wasn't there but apparently it wiched itself up the tree and then broke the wire...

AJH

Reply to
andrew heggie

Agreed a funny film but the landy moment to end all has to be Jim Carrey as Ace Ventura parking a series

( pity some dopey sod titled the clip driving a jeep ) Derek

Reply to
Derek

Did you get "the gods must be crazy 2" ? I'd seen them both before but I bought a double dvd set from play I think with both films and extras. Excelent :)

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

What is the second one like Jon I have only caught the first one and that was years ago. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Well worth a watch just as crazy as the first one, alot going on through the film not as much landrover

and at £8.99 delivered its a bargain. Jon

Reply to
jOn