Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everybody. Best wishes for the Jeep community!

I got my Jeep dirty for the first time... Now I think I broke it! :)

Just kidding!

All The best Ry

Reply to
The Heibloems

Tell tell! Where did you go? What did you do?

My husband bought me "Oh Shit" handles for Christmas... I wonder what he is trying to tell me......

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Ya, Nothing much!!! Just took a drive late night drive (2:45am) and found some partially snow covered gravel logging roads 200 KM from me and gave it some shit !

Mind you You I own a fully tricked out a 1976 Austin Mini Ralley car that does

120MPH > Tell tell! Where did you go? What did you do?
Reply to
The Heibloems

I used to own a couple Mini's. One new 76 one and a tricked out 68. It had a built 1275 cc with a 4 speed hydraulic slapstick tranny. Got clocked, on pavement mind you, at 132.4 mph. Used to love racing against snowmobiles on logging tracks, the looks on their faces when I slid around the outside of the corner on them was a riot.

Having a Jeep and a Mini are sure two contrasting vehicles eh.

Mike

Mike Romain

What did you use for brakes ? Minifins or did you do a custom disc arrangement ?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

They were just stock brakes, most of it was except for the engine setup.

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Good day, I have a set of 8.5 inch late model mini 2 piston caliper brakes up front and standard steel drums in the back, As I used to be a parts manager for a `Mini` only garage in The Netherlands, I had the opportunity to drive all sorts of Minis from 35 hp too 290 hp, and realized that the rear brake setup in stock form is more than adequate to help stop the vehicle. Sure a set of KAD rear disks would be cool, but not for the money! Being an engineer...I am designing a setup myself. As far as the front brakes, the 2 piston setup works very well when set up properly and maintained regularly. Having driven the car with front drum brake that never stopped worth a crap, any disk set up is a godsend! I have been oogeling a set of 4 and 6 piston callipers from the UK... But fot the price, I can buy some cool shit for our new Jeep! That, I also own a 1979 Mini which I am in the process of shohorninging a Yamaha V8 into!

Cheers

Dave Milan wrote:

Reply to
The Heibloems

I'd like to see an LT-3 engine in a mini. :)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
The Heibloems

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
The Heibloems

Somewhere recently saw an old battleship Caddy body transplanted onto a lifted 4x4 chassis.

The new "Hemi" should be small enough to stuff into the small BMW masquerading [very nicely] as a Mini. Can't be much worse than stuffing aluminum 427 rat motors into Corvairs and Vegas.

The Grand Cherokee to my recollection never had the woody sides, so you'd be getting something closer to a Grand Wagoneer that looked like it had been washed in too hot water.

If you DO go for this, please come back and point to online pictures.

The Heibloems proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

I saw a 76 Mini in a Custom Street Rod show here in Ontario Canada with a 350 in it. Barely room for a seat....

Mike

Mike Romain

What Bill's picture doesn't show is a Torqueflite 727 occupying the better part of the passenger compartment. ;^)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to