Rear heater element.

Hello All. Season Greetings. Picky question. My rear door heater element is showing signs of wear. Hence not working properly. I inquired about Silver Paste but was informed no longer made. Any clues on repair or replacement would be grateful.

Reply to
John Oakes

fairly easy to replace the rear window £40 ish, I put a new one in when i replaced my rear door

Reply to
Mr Jolly

I think that "no longer made" means one or more of the following We dont stock it I cant find it on the computer Go away cant you see I am busy texting my girlfriend/ mates.

Try going to a proper Motor Factors and asking there.

Steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

True. It could have been an old fashion fob off. Would a replacement element be quicker.

Reply to
John Oakes

Yes but equally as vulnerable. where as a tude of the stuff would repair it twice... I think.

Landrover main agent told me that a pannel on our 1990 Rangie was no longer available... local non franchised dealer managed to sell me a landrover badged one though. I guess it's a matter of knowing where to look.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Hold the fort lads. I have just managed to get some silver paste from maplin electronics. So I will give this a try.

Reply to
John Oakes

From my experiences with Halford's 'Heated Rear Window Repair' (small bottle of same in front of me now):

[1a] SCRUPULOUS cleaning of area to be repaired [1b] Warm the repair area to prevent your steamy breath condensing thereon [2] Very careful application of guide tape either side of proposed paint area [3] Cure it with hairdryer/low heat hot air gun [4] Wait as long as you can before trying it [5] Wait some more!

Have used it to successfully repair the HRW in my RRC - pretty important as the tiniest break seems to affect the 'aerial in HRW' setup.

BOL Richard

Reply to
Richard

In message , Richard writes

That would explain why it wasn't a success when I tried it. Trouble is excitable dog with large claws will destroy it again as fast as I replace it.

Reply to
hugh

How about a bit of thin perspex or other protective film inside? Or some children's slippers for the dogs? Ones with pictures of cats on would provide endless entertainment.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

sheet of mesh?

Reply to
Mr Jolly

Hmm, hard to form into a slipper shape and the cat pictures might come off!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I was thinking more of having Postman Pat pictures. He would love them.

Reply to
hugh