Bonnet mounted spare wheel

Hi all,

I ve just bought some new alloys for my 1990 Defender shod with 265/75/R16s and would like to mount the spare on the bonnet. I dont seem to be able to find anyone who sells a mounting kit for anything but Series vehicles. Does anyone know who sells them, or any other ideas on how to mount it? Thanks

Reply to
Mark Cable

Before you look any further, just lay the 265 on your bonnet and sit in the drivers seat. I suspect you will have to sit on the roof to see where you are going....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Absolutely. I would advise the OP to do a Google search of this NG as this subject has been covered several times in the past.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

We do one - do a google sarch on this group and you should find the parts list. It's for a Td5, but there are only one or two differences - your looking at around 80 quid plus some nuts and bolts and rivets...

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Well the mounting for my wheel on the roofrack is primitive beyond belief one single bolt holds it to a u shaped clamp.

Technically all you need is a few bolts right through the bonnet and it would do the job, never mind the expencive kits.

Reply to
Larry

It will ruin your bonnet though.....quite some (moving) load. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets