Refurb for wheel spats Defender 90

Can anyone tell me the best way to rejuvenate my Black rubber/plastic Defender 90 wheel spats? Over the years they have become grey and look rather untidy. Can I paint them, or is there a product that I can use to return them to their original condition? I have just done the rear crossmember which now looks great but the spats being grey instead of the black let the motor down. Thanks

Graeme

Reply to
Cassillis

On or around Wed, 3 May 2006 08:12:38 +0100, "Cassillis" enlightened us thusly:

I'd go for that stuff for polishing up plastic bumpers, meself.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Back To Black. Great stuff, but it don't last well.

DaveP

Reply to
Dave P

On or around 3 May 2006 06:03:11 -0700, "Dave P" enlightened us thusly:

you could try spray-on lacquer. Or paint 'em body-colour.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin, despite being told not to paint them by many people I decided to give it a go. Satin black with a small amount of plasterciser to give it a little flexibility and they look bloody great. Even if it lasts 6 months it will only cost a tin of satin black to touch them back in. Thanks to the others who suggested some thing else.

Graeme

Reply to
Cassillis

On or around Wed, 3 May 2006 19:21:01 +0100, "Cassillis" enlightened us thusly:

some of 'em are painted body-colour by the factory...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There's 2 different parts - paintable and gloss black. The gloss ones are intended to be black, and as such are not inteneded to be painted (though whether they can or not I wouldn't like to say). Pre-painted ones have not been available as spares for some time - they are now supplied "self-colour".

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd