Defender wheels and tyres.

I now have my Defender 90 which came with the original white steel wheels and tyres. All the wheels are in good condition with no rust and the tyres are pretty good too, none being near the legal limit yet. The spare unfortunately is flat but I am told it only needs a valve.

I no longer need these items and wonder if anyone in the group could make use of them?

A small contribution towards a drink would be gratefully accepted.

I live in South Bucks for anyone who wants to collect.

Regards

Graeme

Reply to
Cassillis

"Cassillis" wrote in news:d9teuk$m53$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

And forty thousand were killed in the rush!

You wouldn't be coming to the north of Scotland for your holidays, would you? (Said he hopefully).

I paid £50 for a set of rims the other day and they didn't even have tyres on them.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Sorry can't help you there Derry. St Fillans in Perth and Kinross is my hangout whilst in Gods country but don't plan to visit till November... 8-(

Reply to
Cassillis

I sold a similar set on ebay,

Set of 5 (4 with worn out tyres & 1 rim) Hammerited Brown and got over £100 for them and guy paid for a courier to collect them, he wanted them for his lightweight.

So don't let them go too cheap, the £100 helped a bit towards the £700 it cost to get through the last MOT (I've just about stopped sobbing)

Martin

Reply to
An Old 90 Man

Hi Graeme

Being very much a newbie on the Landrover tyre front, I was wondering what size the rims/tyres were - looking for something a bit bigger for my '83 Series 33 88", which is running on 205R16's at the moment...

Also would South Bucks be anywhere near Leighton Buzzard?

Kevin Frost

Reply to
Kevin Frost

Leighton Buzzard is about 20-30 mins away depending on which way you go. I have just checked the rims are standard white steel Defender 90 wheels and they are shod with 205R16's also. I'm fairly new to the Landrover scene too, this being my first. Having said that, i'm so pleased with mine i have put my volvo up for sale because i just don't use it. I'm certain someone on here will help with the size of the rims but it sounds as if you already have what i've got.

Graeme

Reply to
Cassillis

Martin Thank you for the advice. If nobody on here wants them then i will think about putting them on Ebay.

Graeme

Reply to
Cassillis

Hi Graeme

It was a shot in the dark really on the size, but never mind, I'm sure somebody will take them off you. Of course, the Billing show is just around the corner, you maybe able to get rid of them there I suppose.

Good luck.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Frost