Reliability survey reminder

Keep those details coming in on the reliability survey (about 15 postings before this one). I'm getting some really interesting results and will publish soon.

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

My Dad's (owned from new) 1961 Series IIa 2.25 petrol made 270,000 miles before a rebuild and has done another 100,000 or so since then. It's also had 2 halfshafts (and only 2), a gearbox mainshaft and 1 set of swivels in that time.

Reply to
EMB

I only got 9mpg out of petrol landrovers on average. Now let's see........ over 370,000 miles yours has used............ hmn........ shall we just say........a good proportion of the earths recources? LOL.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

2000 Disco II TD5 owned from new. Still only 34,000 miles but has had: Major coolant leak on day 2 - hose under plastic engine cover not tight. Alarm/immobilizer packed up day 6 (locked out and wouldn't un-immobilize) - new unit. Clutch judder developed day 18 - no fault found "it's just new sir". Drivers window inop (and open) 3 months - new electro-mechanism. Clutch still juddering - no fault found. Front speakers packed up 4 months Turbo packed up 9 months Windscreen single vertical crack top to bottom driver side (appeared over night) 11 months Clutch still juddering - no fault found "we don't want to split the casings unless absolutely necessary sir" Throttle not operating properly (intermittent sticking open or not opening). Clutch still juddering - "our engineers have driven it and can't find the problem" Brakes vague rear calipers not working, discs badly corroded - all new discs calipers and magic thing. Clutch *still* juddering and now taking up in first with a thump - finally got a new clutch and flywheel. It only took 23 months!

Since then, fingers crossed, she's been fine (now approaching 4½ years old). You've got to love 'em to keep 'em!

Steve

Reply to
Steve
1997 Discovery 300 V8i

120,000 ish

Had the following replaced :

Engine - now 4.6 Gearbox - massive autobox failure Differentials - front and rear (now LSD's) Half shafts CV joints Stub Axles Front prop shaft Driver window mechanism Windscreen Passenger Window (broken by theives) Rear Window (broken by thieves) Immobiliser - standard failure Vacuum advance Alternator Serpentine Pulley Tensioner Catalytic Convertors x 3 (yes 3 sets!)

Not mechanical - but changed Front Bumper Rear Bumper

Usual service items.

Hmmm...looking at that I seem to have the original body, chassis and interior ... and nothing else?!?!?! Oh well :-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee