Replacement Steering Damper required for 90

Hi,

2 questions for you experienced landy owners!

  1. Steering damper has sprung a large oil leak since playing at Driffield. MOT is now due, should it fail on that or do I need to replace before the test?

  2. It needs replacing anyway but what should I replace it with? Options as I see it are: 1. Cheap OEM 2. Genuine replacement 3. De Carbon 4. Blistein 5. Old Man Emu Prices vary from about £15 to £60. Is the additional cost worth it and how would I notice the difference? I have heard good things about the Blistein and Old Man Emu ones but dont know how I will be able to see/feel the benefit?

My Landy does good bit of road work but also quite a lot of hard off road playing and at the moment has a bog standard (leaking) one on it.

Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon

On or around Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:03:54 +0100, Jon enlightened us thusly:

I think you'll find that it'll fail the test if it looks dud. The one on the 110 which had no oil left in it passed, mind, but then it didn't look like it was leaking.

You can always remove it, then it won't fail the test :-)

I've found Paddock's 12-quid jobs to work OK.

Reply to
Austin Shackles