Return of a stolen Disco

Back at the beginning of DEc I posted an article about my Disco 2 going missing. Today it has been found, not far from home! Absolutely NO DAMAGE, my key even still works, more fuel in it too! This makes it even harder to understand how the scroats nicked it. Been OFF roaded abit I would say but dont seem bad at all. Going for an inspection in Jan paid for by insurance co, until then it aint mine again. Not sure I really want it now anyway!

Reply to
tomtom

On or around Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:52:51 GMT, "tomtom" enlightened us thusly:

I'll have it if you don't want it :-)

Actually, we're not in the market for a replacement 'til summer next year, from the seeming of it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Aha, well I am and would be interested Tomtom. Especially if I don't have to take the seats out to change the brake lights! TonyB (Right price for a stolen/recovered of course!)

Reply to
TonyB

Goes without saying one would hope :)

Reply to
William Tasso

I have been and had a good look at it today. Seems just fine, the insurance co wont let me have it yet as we have to decide on a few things, ie, do I pay for hire car during time "lost" as they put it. Depreciation and a whole host of things I never thought of! Just insurance co trying it on if you ask me. NEVER had a claim in 30 years. They seem to be making me the criminal. They seem to say I "lost" it. One of the posters in my 1st post said it may have had an aftermarket alarm fitted, it had not is was as STD, so how did the bleeders get it. It seems I can have it back if I want but if they can nick it once they can do it again. Also because I made a claim it goes against me. HOW CAN THAT BE RIGHT?

Reply to
tomtom

Welcome to Britain where the victim always pays the price!

Reply to
cyberwraith

It isn't. It does just go to show that you'd be far better off it the scum had just set fire to it. Your insurers (like all of them) are far more interested their ledgers than they are in treating their customers in a reasonable and fair manner, and it is difficult to see how they are not *encourageing* the buring out, or breaking-up, of stolen vehicles.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd