Stolen Nissan Frontier

On Jan 2 2005 my 4 month old truck was stolen from my apartment. It was found Jan 7th in Jaurez Mexico. My insurance company decided that they wanted to bring it back. It took an additional 3 weeks to bring my truck back from Mexico. They took it to a my local nissan dealer and from there a local body shop to fix the damage. When my truck was stolen it had a little over 10000 miles on it. Anyway the body shop that it was taken to said that for as much damage as the truck had on it that under most circumstances that it would take 80 days to repair all of the problems, since almost ever part of the truck was damaged. After weeks and weeks of being told that it will be ready tommorow we finally recieved the truck back on March 12. My black truck is now a multi-color black, there are chunks missing from the frame and the odometer has been rolled back. The truck is a complete loss as far as ever selling it. I need some advice on what I need to do in my situation. Thanks ashley

Reply to
ashleywilkins

Suggestion: Vote for the right people to make our insane governement udnerstand people are growing anrgy very angry over "open borders" policy. In my Italian/Jeiwsh/Chinese neighborhood there's more Mexicans now than anyone else, they satnd on corners and smile knowsing they're taking over, they get drunk here and a few shop owners already suffered damage. Mexico is not our friend, dont they understand the freaking idiotic truth?????

LOL, next time go cross border in a Jaguar or Mercedes.

Reply to
Mark Markovitz

hehe nice, very true, in my area as well, 10 years ago it was peace and quiet, now i near gunshot all the time. time to move out, and soon as i save enough to put a decent downpayment someplace else

Reply to
']['eRRaN--X

how about just say to hell with it, and dont pay the monthly and drive the truck to the ground untill it is reposses.

bad credit, so what!

Reply to
']['eRRaN--X

First thing you should have done was NOT accept the truck until it was repaired to YOUR satisfaction. Sounds like you've got one of those half a$$ed insurance companies to begin with. Only thing you can do now is get an attorney.

Reply to
tranch

"tranch" wrote: > "ashleywilkins" wrote in > message > news:1_500586 snipped-for-privacy@www.autoforumz.com... > > On Jan 2 2005 my 4 month old truck was stolen from my > apartment. It > > was found Jan 7th in Jaurez Mexico. My insurance company > decided that > > they wanted to bring it back. It took an additional 3 weeks > to bring > > my truck back from Mexico. They took it to a my local nissan > dealer > > and from there a local body shop to fix the damage. When my > truck was > > stolen it had a little over 10000 miles on it. Anyway the > body shop > > that it was taken to said that for as much damage as the > truck had on > > it that under most circumstances that it would take 80 days > to repair > > all of the problems, since almost ever part of the truck was > damaged. > > After weeks and weeks of being told that it will be ready > tommorow we > > finally recieved the truck back on March 12. My black truck > is now a > > multi-color black, there are chunks missing from the frame > and the > > odometer has been rolled back. The truck is a complete loss > as far as > > ever selling it. I need some advice on what I need to do in > my > > situation. Thanks > > ashley > >

Yes i do have a half ass insurance company. Any suggestions on the type of attorney to get?

Reply to
ashleywilkins

Check with the local Bar Association and look for an attorney that specializes in dealing with bad insurance companies.

Reply to
tranch

MAKE THE INSURANCE COMPANY EAT THE TRUCK.. GET A LAWYER.

I MADE ALLSTATE EAT A CELICA THAT WAS STOLEN. I REFUSED TO HAVE IT FIXED. IT TOOK A LAWYER. BUT THEY FINALLY PAID OFF CAR. I WAS OUT THE DOWN PAYMENT AND 6-MOONTHS OF PAYMENTS.

Reply to
lpage

"lpage" wrote: > MAKE THE INSURANCE COMPANY EAT THE TRUCK.. GET A LAWYER. > > I MADE ALLSTATE EAT A CELICA THAT WAS STOLEN. I REFUSED TO > HAVE IT FIXED. IT TOOK A LAWYER. BUT THEY FINALLY PAID OFF > CAR. I WAS OUT THE DOWN PAYMENT AND 6-MOONTHS OF PAYMENTS. > > > > On Jan 2 2005 my 4 month old truck was stolen from my > > apartment. It was found Jan 7th in Jaurez Mexico. My > > insurance company decided that they wanted to bring it > > back. It took an additional 3 weeks to bring my truck > > back from Mexico. They took it to a my local nissan dealer > > and from there a local body shop to fix the damage. When > > my truck was stolen it had a little over 10000 miles on > > it. Anyway the body shop that it was taken to said that > > for as much damage as the truck had on it that under most > > circumstances that it would take 80 days to repair all of > > the problems, since almost ever part of the truck was > > damaged. After weeks and weeks of being told that it will > > be ready tommorow we finally recieved the truck back on > > March 12. My black truck is now a multi-color black, > > there are chunks missing from the frame and the odometer > > has been rolled back. The truck is a complete loss as far > > as ever selling it. I need some advice on what I need to > > do in my situation. Thanks > > ashley > > > > > > -- > > Posted using the

interface, at > > author's request Articles individually checked for > > conformance to usenet standards Topic URL: > >
> > 7321.html Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). > > Report abuse:
I got a lawyer today he is going to look it over and give me a call in a day or two.

Reply to
ashleywilkins

Got any pictures of the Frontier before it was stolen? Take plenty of pictures of what the truck looks like now. Make sure to get close ups and good angle shots of all the bad paint spots and body work so the lawyer has something to show if it goes to court.

Reply to
tranch