Reversing sensors for Disco 2 TD5

Has any body fitted reversing sensors to a Disco 2 (2001) not sure how the Tow bar and step would affect the device. Also any guidelines on which type to buy where from and best price.

Reply to
Gerry McKenzie

Fitted them to my 300tdi disco - no probs and the tow bar does not get picked up by em' just don't mount one directly above the tow hitch. Got some more to fit into the V8 Disco ( just waiting for time to fit em' i.e. warmer weather!) both sets off eBay from Hong Kong £40 each LCD colour display with beeps and distance to object countdown, drill bit for holes also included!

Reply to
StaffBull

The reversing sensors look for changing distances, so anything fixed to the vehicle will have no effect.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

beamendsltd wrote in news:3cefb8334d% snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com:

Unfortunately this isn't true, as is easy to tell by experiment if you have a sensor-equipped vehicle handy. The sensors on our Disco see the ski rack mounted on the spare wheel. They also don't stop detecting an obstacle behind you when you stop reversing.

I don't know about the step or the hitch, since I don't have either. They ought to be compatible though, since they are LR options. The step at any rate tucks very close under the bumper, so shouldn't be a problem.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Mortimer

On my RR3 - when I was laning I got mud all over the bumpers. It was fine while the mud was wet, but the next day, in the sun, the mud dried, and the stupid thing thought I'd parked in the wall :-)

Easily rectified tho :-)

Reply to
computer

You may be right about factory fitted - but the aftermarket ones need a clear view for 45deg from the vertical but the tow hitch on my 300tdi was OK they use a Doppler effect to calculate distance.

Reply to
StaffBull

A pair of wire cutters ????

cheers