rocker shaft

Anybody got any tips on removing the rocker shaft from a 2.25 petrol engine? I've got a tappet that's starved of oil and I'm assuming there's a blocked oilway. I'm a bit nervous about taking the rocker shaft off, as the diagrams show little bits and pieces with the potential to drop or fly off in all directions.

TIA

Dave

1983 series 3 SWB petrol
Reply to
David Bexhall

The combined strength of all the little bits is not enough to overpower you..... make sure that all the bolys are out ( the shaft will stay in postion on dowells ) and then ease it up off the engine holding the two ends in place on the shaft. Then let it expand slowly and slide each rocker / spring off in order.....

David LLAMA 4x4

David_LLAMA4x4

When you have them all off,don't be tempted to wipe the shaft through your hand (like you might do with a snooker cue) the edges of the holes can be very sharp indeed. (as I found out). Tony.

Reply to
Tony Wilkinson