RR 4.6 HSE radio woes.....

I have had my 4.6 for a week now and love it........stunning vehicle.

I bought it with some known faults and a price to match......1. was a knackered water pump which was replaced today....2. here i have run out of ideas.....

I have the standard radio cassette installed with a boot CD multi changer. I feel the previous owner had fitted something else and reinstalled the original for sale. The problem is: The head unit works and all the steering wheel controls work, radio stations show on the fascia but no sound at all from any speaker! I read that there are three amps in the car, front doord, rear doors and rear sub. Can somone tell me where the amps are, whether there is another fuse for the sound system generally or , as the manual says, three separate fuses. I feel it strange that all amps should fail together, so, maybe a wiring issue?

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Alun P

Alun> three separate fuses. I feel it strange that all amps Alun> should fail together, so, maybe a wiring issue?

Check the wiring diagram on my site:

There is a signal which is basically a "power on" signal to the amplifiers and you should check that it's connected.

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB

Many thanks for the info.....after removing the radio head, there are ONLY two oblong multi pin connections to the head, no aerial. The plugs are to the right looking at the back of the radio, seems there should be more connections, maybe fallen down the hole????? I will look again.

AlunP

Reply to
Alun P