RR headlights

While driving my 2000 RR County yesterday, both low beam headlight bulbs blew out within 3 hours of each other. When I originally changed them, I changed both at the same time. I used Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. I wanted to know if this was common. I kept driving after the first one figuring I had some time to take care of things; obviously I didn't.

My curiosity is since I seem to be having an electrical issue. In an earlier post, I pointed out that the battery completely discharges after

2 weeks of non-use. I have had the alternator, battery and electrical system checked and all are fine.

The theory is that something is triggering the main computer to continuously run diag while parked in the garage.

Reply to
PareReposte

Bulbs are all theoretically made in an identical way, to an identical design that includes some "design life" specification, so it's not overly strange that they blew at much the same time.

Reply to
EMB

It's the alarm that's being kept awake by something (see earlier threads on this in this group for likely suspects), drawing something like 500mA all the time instead if a tiny raction of that when in "sleep" mode.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Sorry if its already been suggested

Have you checked the Air Con relays,

A faulty Air con relay flattened the battery on my SAAB 9000

Gerry

Reply to
Harpic