Disco 1 cosmetic question

This has to do with my Disco. It's Oxford Blue, will be having an ARB bumper/winch installed this summer as well as a different rear bumper. I'll be mounting a HF antenna on the front bumper and inside will be an ICOM IC-7000 HF/VHF/UHF radio.

I bought a set of 5 Wolf XD steel wheels with the intention of mounting Goodyear MT/R tyres. I want to paint the wheels Landie white, my wife says silver, my daughter [the one with the Jeep who plans on trading it for a Freelander] says black.

Any comments?

-- Jeffrey S Austin Chesapeake VA

Reply to
Jeffrey S Austin

Not black is what immediately springs to mind. Beyond that I'd suggest silver on a Disco, or limestone on a Series or Defender.

Reply to
EMB

Black wheels dont show the dirt as much.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Common misconception. Black shows the dirt just as well, or more so - if the paint job is shiny, the dirt dulls it, if the paint job is matte, well, the dirt just shows. Besides which, mud is rarely matte black itself!

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

On my cars black definately works better.

The 2A has white 8 spokes on - When they were new and shiney they looked good. As soon as they got some dirt on and the odd bit of rust (took a week or two) they look crap

The black steelies I used to have on my car always looked black - dirty or clean. Brake dust and general road dirt is usually black (or very close to!) - the silver alloys on my car tend towards black as they get dirtier, so i'd go straight to black wheels.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Purely from an aethetic point of view silver rims and black bosses - we were discussing it last week ( me and my new wife) and found a picture online of a disco on alloys painted similar and I think ours is down for that idea after I get thru welding. Derek ( if you want to see the image email me - removing the spam reference first)

Reply to
Derek

You got one then?(been on jollies ) Which bit you welding?

Icky

Reply to
icky