S'not Really Funny, But......

Customer rings up...... "Have you got all the plastic trim bits and couple of headlights for a 300Tdi Disocvery I" "Yes" - thinks.. Someone's had a bit of a bump. "Right, only my motor was parked on a s/h car lot and someones knicked all the plastic and the headlamps".

Coupled with the customer who had the eyebrows pinched off his 110, it is a bit difficult to keep a straight face...

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Some mongrel recently stole a side mirror off my series 3. just the mirror part that bolts onto the arm down on the wing. buggered if i know what they planned to do with it, a shaving mirror maybe??

Sam.

Reply to
Samuel

Reminds me of the story some years ago from the USA. A man had his Saab broken into and the front seats stolen. He was rather put out when the insurance company wrote off the near new car - the replacement cost of the seats exceeded the car's market value (does this suggest why the seats went in the first place?) JD

Reply to
JD

I'd have had to ask "Are you sitting down?" before breaking that news. :0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

He's just been in to pick up his bits. It get's better.... A Range Rover has now been targeted and they stole...... 2 buttons off the CD player and the load space carpet!

On a more serious note - if you live in Tamworth look out for s/h spares being offered for "the right money" - including a set of Range Rover wheels.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Someone I know recently had the Drive linkages etc from the capstan winch on his SIIa Stolen from outside his house!

Reply to
evelyn snowling

Sounds like these are being stolen to order. Sad to think of really.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I know someone who's got an old bus mirror, purlioned from a local bus company, in his bathroom as a shaving mirror.

Alex

Reply to
Alex