Sankey Trailers

Evenin All!

Im thinking of getting a sankey trailer.....

What are the differences between them all? I have seen you can get wide track, and normal track - is wide track the same width as a 90?

How narrow are the normal ones?

Are they all 24volt, and are they easy to change to 12?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Hitch heights can be in one of 3 positions.....below ; in ; and above the a frame tyre sizes vary between 6.00x16 to 7.50x16 electrics can be either 12 or 24 volt(you can just change all the bulbs) and get an adapter for the military electrical plug to 'normal' brakes can eithe be cable or hydraulic drum or disk. I have a wide track sankey (actually theyre not all sankeys...mines actually a mkIII 'wolf' sits nice behind the disco) i think the difference between wide track and not is the tailgate (i.e. the wide track has one and the other doesnt, although i could be wrong on that part)

Reply to
johnty

To add to above wide tracks are what they say they are just a bit wider to suit the 90/110 and in my view are the best ones to go for more versatile and a drop down tail gate for loading stuff( can be a lot easier than trying to lift over the tub) Have a look at Withams (modvehiclesdirect on ebay)

) (for there website usually they have some widetracks for around the £100 mark for a usable on to around £250 for a good one and last time I was there ( about a month ago) there was loads of the things lying around. Hope this helps Go on you wont regret it (not biased but I do have 3 of the things. LOL)

Reply to
fffffff