seatbelt mounts

I am thinking of fitting some inertia reel belts in the front of the

101.

I am fitting high backed 90 seats too.

the 101 currently doesnt have a shoulder height seatbelt mount - so i was considering adding one to make the belt more confortable.

are there any mot regulations about how i add it (would it just need to hold up to the 'yank test' which they seem to do).

My options for adding a high level mount seem to be:

dril a hole right through the body and add spreader plates on both sides (maybe not the prettiest so im not sure).

make up a right angled bracket that would bolt along the top of the bulkhead behind the seat (where the current belt bolts) and extend up the inside of the cab wall by a few inches. could have some diagonal bracing to make it stronger.

any ideas?

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sun, 05 Aug 2007 15:21:14 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

Have a look at Exmoor trim's site, they do a mount for the 110 CSW rear body. I assume, since they're selling it, that it meets the requirements.

technically, the seat belt has to withstand a defined load, and obviously the mount has to do likewise. If you add belts to something, as for example when making a van into a minibus, then it has to have a seat belt installation test (at a PSV/HGV testing station, ISTR) before you can get an MOT on it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles