Fan runs on - TD5 Disco

Recently once or twice the electric fan on my 2001 disco TD5 runs on and doesn't want to stop when the engine is stopped and the vehicle locked up . If I briefly re-start the engine it stops and stays stopped when the engine is cut. Coolant temperature isn't showing anything untoward. Only thing done to the vehicle recently is a clutch change a few weeks ago (Thanks Marc) but I can't see how that could have anything to do with it. Any suggestions????

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

On or around Sun, 5 Aug 2007 11:08:28 +0100, "Andrew Mawson" enlightened us thusly:

have you watched to see how long it runs for?

they (electric fans, that is) mostly do continue to run after the vehicle is shut down, but if it does so excessively the thermo switch for it may be iffy or similar fault.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin, it can be for 10 mins or so but not always, and previously it never ever did run after the ignition was switched off in the last 4 years.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson