Self Parking Wipers - NOT

Well they do in normal use but not when I use wash-wipe. (Sorry Series owners this is fancy new technology and you can now smirk happily cos it's broke)

I had the dash out recently to change a bulb, but can't think how that could effect it. When I use wash wipe the wipers just come to rest more or less at random. Switch to wipe or intermittent wipe and they park as normal.

It's a 1998 50th Ann V8 Defender 90. Any suggestions? Is it just a case of having a more careful look for some disconnected wires? Hopefully the wiring diagram is roughly similar to a TD5.

Reply to
hugh

Hugh,

Take a look at this excellent thread -

I've had the same thing and got the replacement part from Richard at BeamEnds. Now working fine.

cheers Gavin

Reply to
GS

Interesting, but mine only fails when using wash wipe. In intermittent or normal use the wipers park correctly.

Reply to
hugh

Hugh,

The part is approx =A38......it's the cheapest option when you see the price of the steering column stalk and actual wiper motor.

I'd be swap it out anyway

cheers Gavin

Reply to
GS

Thanks Gavin. I think I'll do that when I get round to taking the dash out. I've got some other things I want to do so I'll do it all together. In the meantime all I've got to do is switch to intermittent before I push the wash wipe and it all works OK.

Reply to
hugh