Series Swivels

Is there a supplier / quality issue with these? Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon

How do you mean? If you mean you've got some and they are not lasting well, then, as they say, you only ever get what you pay for.......

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I need to buy some. Paddocks do a kit for £54 pounds. I'm just enquiring about different manufactures, or does only one company make them. Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon

On or around Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:24:53 -0000, "Jon" enlightened us thusly:

Paddock's cheap stuff is mostly OK. I doubt if it's quite the same quality as OE, but then again, sometimes it's about a quarter of the price, and I doubt too that the OE stuff is 4 times as good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:04:19 +0000, Austin Shackles wrote: snips about pattern parts/swivel joints.

Also, I reckon the majority of pattern parts are made by the same company anyway, so a part is £80 in one place, and exactly the same part is £30 cheaper in Paddocks. I've had 2 swivels from Paddocks,they've been on 2 years nearly now, but only done about 1500 miles - they still look new. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Thats open to debate! My 110 is 11 years old, with 208,000 miles and one swivel ball is just starting to show some wear. My 88 has a swivel on that was bought cheap by the previous owner and its in a right state, so in milage terms the Genuine article has lasted 10 times longer, and five in time. Both vehicles get treated the same way, in use and maintainance.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I got my old ones polished and re-chromed for £40, but that was three years ago. Re-bush kit cost me about £20, much the same as buying a complete kit.

Alex

Reply to
Alex