Sheet metal folder help needed

I've got a few bits of welding to do in the near future so I fancy making up a folder/bender/brake call it what you will, got a couple of sets of plans but I'm sketchy on the hingeing arrangement ideally I should build one so I can fabricate complete sills ( so thats the ready made machine mart one out of the running ) can anyone send me a clear picture of the hinges on theirs . I'll post the link for one of the sets of plans so if you are interested

Derek

Sketchy on the mechanics, or just where the hinge turns ? What size machine are you making ? Steve

Reply to
steve

I think I have the mechanics of the thing pretty well sorted what I wish to do is produce a machine that allows me to slide the job along so I can bend longer sheet in sections rather that producing one 4 foot+ wide to accomodate a sill in one bend - I realise that may not be possible the jobs I'll be doing over the next few weeks really don't need a bigun so I may just make a 2 or 3 footer but I want to see a close up of a couple of hinges so I can adapt to suit . So far the easiest seems to be a piano hinge as it will not protrude over the end of the plates so potentially might do what I need.Other plans I've seen involve fabricating an end plate out of 1/4 or thicker to make a bearer for the pivot not really an option using a hacksaw.. Derek

Reply to
Derek