Roll Call August Unnoficial

Me and Bec are booked and ready to go.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Me, wife and 2 kids are booked in and looking forward to it.

PS, you still on for Settle to Hawes on Wednesday next week?

I'm still going, but haven't booked anywhere yet, just going on spec. and seeing what it's like. Myself, a tent [1] and some beer/Glenfiddich/Glenmorangie, methinks. Oh, and a camera perhaps. ;)

[1] B&B possibly ...
Reply to
Paul - xxx

Will be in Portugal so no can do.

Still on for next weeks trip though, will email Nige the details.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

We will be there but will be leaving Sunday Afternoon - I have to be back at work Monday early.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

We are, Andy just mailed me about Buckden first. I'll ring you tonight matey.

Reply to
Nige

Good do then! Peddars way is in LRO this month too.

Reply to
Nige

On or around Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:31:42 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

not me, sorry. too far, not enough dosh.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I saw that. It looks good dont it.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Fish & chips on the beach.....nice.

Reply to
Nige

We *will* meet one day......

Reply to
Nige

whats the actual date again?

I might be able to make it this time :)

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

August bank holiday.

Reply to
Nige

Here is a copy of Si's origional post

At the recent unofficial we mooted the idea about an August unoffical, as it would tie in with the anniversary of AFL.

Being as we have had west x2, mid x1 and north x1, we thought about East.

A campsite (Diglea) has been located at Snettisham, just south of Hunstanton

Their phone number is 01485 541367 if you wish to book. I have reserved 5 tents and 5 caravans, so mention you are part of the Isaacs party when you book so that you end up on the right pitch

They are charging £16/night for caravan with 2 adults and 2 kids, with hookup included

Tents are £14 for 2 adults and 2 kids.

The site has fairly good facilities, and also has a bar on site which offers entertainment at weekends.

About 250 yards down the road is a chip shop, which wasn't too bad the last time I was there (last summer), and a shop just 500yds away, which also sell camping spares. The beach is also by the shop.

As for off roading, there is a nice compact site that my club have used in the past, about 5 acres in size. It is quite sandy, with plenty of soft stuff for the gentle ones, and some nice fun bombholes for the extremists. The site cost £75 for the day to hire, so spread across a number of vehciles this will be very cheap. There were 5 of us this weekend, so this would work out to just £15 a vehicle. In addition, there will be the MSA insurance charge, which is about £3.50 per driver. Have provisonally booked this for the Sunday to leave us to do our own things on the Saturday.

Other option is to Green Lane. We would travel to Thetford, and then travel the Peddars Way through the 3 fords at Castle Acre, to arrive at Teatime for a fish and chip supper on the Beach at Hunstanton, which is unique in that it is the only east coast seaside resort which faces west!

Can't promise the weather, but I hope it will be better than Spring Bank.....

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Me, dawn and harry!

-- To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Bah! The same weekend that I have just booked the 2 offroad courses at Billing for :(

Maybe next time...

Reply to
Neil Brownlee